Junior Security Risk Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
The Public Sector Security team reports to the Verizon Business Group (VBG) Public Sector CISO and is responsible for supporting the security architecture and engineering activities within the Public Sector Business Unit. The position is responsible for support of security engineering and security compliance activities associated with Public Sector business goals to include Federal, SLED, Connect and Smart Communities. The individual will provide overall security architecture and engineering strategy and supporting security engineering initiatives and the RMF architecture.
- Gaining a deeper understanding for the enterprise cyber services for a major telecommunications company.
- Gaining knowledge of daily business operations by attending learning programs and training sessions.
- Communicating technical information to various technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participating in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity or other related discipline.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience or internship in cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of security governance, risk and /or compliance principles.
- Ability to operate independently in a remote environment.
- Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and principles related to people, processes, and technology.
- Knowledge of Security standards and compliance.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Good organizational and technical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Experience in multiple priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Good exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.