Solutions Security Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be using your technical expertise and sales skills to help develop complex wireless and networking solutions for our customers. You'll provide customer training and advisement, conducting needs analyses, developing appropriate solutions, and executing on new solutions. You'll present the roadmap and vision for these solutions to leadership. We are constantly innovating to bring the best cutting-edge technologies to our customers to enable them to work faster and smarter and you can be part of the team to make this happen.
- Developing and owning proposals and long term customer strategies.
- Translating customer business issues/opportunities and designing complex solutions.
- Presenting proposed architectures and business outcomes to leadership.
- Providing security development and integration across platforms.
- Managing teams cross-organizationally to develop and implement customer solutions.
What we're looking for...
You are not only a wireless and networking technology expert, but you also enjoy selling to customers and helping them shape their solutions based on analytical assessments. People know you for your ability to see new opportunities for clients and create high value solutions that improve the way they do business. You take a keen interest in the competitive landscape and the latest trends and technologies and the possibilities they create. As an effective communicator, you build strong client and team relationships and can explain complex technical systems in a straightforward manner by tailoring the content to your audience as appropriate.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Architecture design and implementation.
- Experience integrating with Cloud Service Providers.
- Experience project managing complex solutions through implementation.
- Knowledge of 5G.
- Knowledge of LTE, IoT.
- IP Data Networking experience (routing, switching, load balancing, high availability, etc).
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering.
- Two or more years of experience developing and implementing business strategies.
- Two or more years of experience incorporating design thinking into problem solving.
- Certifications: Award Solutions - RR Solutions coursework, CCIE, CISSP, CCENT, CompTIA Network+, Wireless Recognized Certifications, OEM (Ex: Cisco, CradlePoint), CompTIA Security+, Cloud Provider.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking and Virtual Network Services.
- Technical expertise with some major technology companies such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Fortinet.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working with the FAA preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance requirement upon hire.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.