PCI Security Consultant III
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) in the Payment Card Industry (PCI) you will provide assessments and consulting to Verizon clients. You will be responsible for leading and delivering PCI engagements for Verizon customers. This tele-work position may on occasion require travel to Verizon, customer, vendor and/or other locations (potentially, globally) and/or work to be performed on outside normal business hours for interviews and validation of physical and technical controls that are expected to protect credit card data (cardholder data). At times, you may be the lead on a project with peers or junior consultants supporting you. The work done every day makes a difference in the lives of people around us at work and at play.
- Identifying, collecting, organizing, and reviewing pertinent evidence across multiple platforms and applications to determine compliance with relevant PCI DSS controls.
- Scheduling and leading technical interviews with various customer groups and subject matter experts.
- Providing reports and metrics to client on gaps, remediation efforts, clarifications, etc. with customer.
- Acting as the subject matter expert to answer questions and educate customers about the PCI DSS.
- Writing detailed technical reports and supporting documentation for the customer and the card brands.
- Creating and presenting executive reports across multiple organization leadership levels.
- Developing executive presentations or status communications for multiple organization roles.
- Providing direction and mentorship to junior PCI consultants.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Consulting related work.
- Experience in the following (Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), Auditing related work experience, Application security, Information systems security, Network security, IT security auditing, and Information security risk assessment or risk management.)
- Knowledge of/Currently hold at least one of the following Information Security technical certifications: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
- Experience in/Currently hold at least one of the following Information Security audit certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA), Certified ISO 27001, Lead Auditor, Internal Auditor, International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Cyber/Information Systems/Information Security or similar.
- Knowledge of/ability to obtain one or more additional PCI certifications: Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), 3DS Assessor, Card Production Security Assessor (CPSA), Payment Application Qualified Assessor (PA-DSS QSA) - soon to be retired, Point-to-Point Encryption Qualified Security Assessor (P2PE QSA), Payment Application Point-to-Point Encryption Qualified Security Assessor (P2PE PA-QSA), Qualified PIN Assessor (QPA), Secure Software Lifecycle Assessor (SLC), Software Security Framework Assessor (SSF), PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI)
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration environments to meet delivery obligations.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, GRC tools, etc.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.