Personnel Security Technician II (PR)
Work Where it Matters
RiverTech, an Akima company, is not just another federal professional solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At RiverTech, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, RiverTech provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, RiverTech provides innovative solutions to complex engineering and operational challenges and delivers wide-ranging services for mission support, systems engineering, and IT.
As a RiverTech employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
RiverTech is looking for a Personnel Security Technician II to work in Burlington, VT. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Assist with creating, maintaining, scanning, filing, retrieving, tracking and destruction of electronic and physical personnel security records and case files.
- Review various personnel security forms and documents for completeness, accuracy and compliance.
- Perform data entry in various personnel security databases.
- Prepare various periodic ad-hoc reports.
- Monitor central mailboxes within Outlook, responding to inquiries and status requests.
- Assist with pulling, filing, and updating fingerprint cards throughout the facility and inventory file storage areas that house fingerprint cards.
- Assist with coordination of facility-related services, to include IT support for equipment and connectivity issues, conference room use and scheduling, and monitoring office supplies and replenishing stock as requested.
- Assist with property control and equipment inventory.
- Receive and route incoming telephone calls, mail and facsimile receipts.
- Assist with documentation of meeting minutes and general office information.
- Assist with escorting uncleared vendors and visitors to the facility.
- Assist with case file quality assurance reviews. Identify accuracy of data and inconsistencies of data; correct minor data related infractions found in electronic systems; update existing tracking mechanisms such as MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Access databases and assist with recommending changes for developing new tracking mechanisms as needed to report findings.
- Create electronic case files and assign electronic and physical case files for security processing in accordance with business. processes and pre-determined workload thresholds established by federal supervisors.
- Perform name checks and collect data from various government systems.
- Facilitate case file review for federal investigators by locating and providing access to electronic personnel security case files.
- Prepare draft electronic and/or hard copy paperwork contained in personnel security case files for release in response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) related requests or as directed and approved by Federal Supervisors.
- Monitor and facilitate requests for support via established electronic mailboxes to include facility issues; conference room use; office supply requests; information technology assistance.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to set and manage deadlines, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently, think logically and work effectively within group settings.
- Ability to receive general guidance and instructions from a supervisor or via established standard operating procedures, and act upon them with minimal supervision.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Excel, Access and Word and experience with database software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent typing skills and telephone and email etiquette.
- Strong customer service skills.
- U.S Citizenship is required in accordance with the security requirements of the above referenced federal government contract.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Previous experience as a Personnel Security Technician I.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Business Administration
Organization: RiverTech, LLC
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: Hybrid
Req ID: RIV03025