Principal Security Architect
- Defining the multi-year implementation strategy and architecture for creating secure networks, applications, and infrastructure in a complex environment.
- Understanding customer mission and business challenges.
- Serving as an internal information security consultant on the standards, complex issues, and best practices to the organization. I
- Developing enterprise security solutions and designing, implementing, and supporting service to solve the customer need.
- Identifying and implement emerging data access control technologies, information systems security issues, safeguards, and techniques.
- Providing briefings at various levels.
- Identifying, owning, and driving security architecture in enterprise services lifecycle delivery processes.
- Leading and participating with the Verizon Security Compliance team responsible for certifying Verizon federal boundary.
- Evaluating current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability
- Establishing functional or system standards to address operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints.
- Verifying stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in designing and implementing security stacks based on federal FISMA and FEDRamp control families.
- Experience in developing and implementing security services that support mission critical systems.
- Currently hold, or able to obtain and maintain a government clearance at the Public Trust level
- Ability to gain a public trust clearance.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Public sector domain experience to include both federal and Department of Defense contract and procurement experience
- Over 15 years of experience in supporting mission critical system engineering (e.g., network, security).
- Experience in a variety of security products and services that support cyber security architectures.
- Experience leading cross functional teams with understanding of how business and technical
- Understand how to integrate security services with networking services to ensure seamless operations and performance.
- Understanding in obtaining authorization to operate for implemented security services in Federal environment.
- Understanding of Zero-Trust and in developing technology roadmaps that will integrate Zero-trust over the life-cycle of the system.
- requirements interweave to create solutions.
- Knowledge of technical product and systems development lifecycle within a large global enterprise environment.
- Understanding of FISMA and FEDRamp security controls.
- Understanding of NIST and DoD Zero-Trust frameworks.
- Designing and architecting secure, survivable and resilient mission critical infrastructure.
- Experience building security technology roadmaps and transitioning in new technologies
- Experience delivering an integrated OSS with technical solutions and contract performance.
- Ability to manage and balance business and technical requirements.
- Experience managing large-scale technical programs with end-to-end accountability.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and presentation communication, organization and project management skills.
- Experience in two or more technical areas listed:
- Security Products and Services (e.g., Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, F5, Packet Capture (Endace), Stealthwatch, Radware).
- Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics, Micro-segmentation).
- Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN).
- Cisco DMVPN.
- Access Technologies (TDM, Ethernet).
- Network Operations (Managed Services for WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration).
- Cloud and Data Center Outsourcing (application management, compute and storage, virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Wireless technologies (IoT).
- CCNP Security Certification.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $141,000.00 and $261,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.