Security Director – China
Director - Organon Security & Resilience Office – Security Director (China)
Reporting to the Organon Head of Security - Organon Security & Resilience Office, the Security Director (China) is responsible for the development and execution of strategic operations intended to protect Organon resources from internal and external illicit actions, including acts of workplace violence, theft of trade secrets, and wrongful destruction, product integrity /brand protection as well as conduct threat, risk and vulnerability assessments of associated persons and facilities involved with these illicit actions for Organon mainland China market. The focus of this work is on protecting employees from natural and manmade threats, securing Organon’s workplaces, and protecting the Company from the theft of Organon’s trade secrets.
The Security Director (China) will work with matrixed and contract personnel globally, and is located in Shanghai Head Office to allow for appropriate span of control all Corporate Security matters which include but not limited to product integrity/brand protection investigation, Critical Events Management matters, investigations of suspicious activities and threat, risk and vulnerability analysis, physical security protection of sites, travel management, etc. The position will be the primary liaison for internal and external interactions associated with Corporate Security matters for the Organon mainland China market. Further leadership and guidance to additional Security & Resilience Office’s activities and mission support will be provided at the direction of Head of Security – Organon Security & Resilience Office.
- Support the Leadership Team in the development and execution of the Security & Resilience’s mission
- Effectively support and enable a global matrix-managed workforce
- Model leadership behaviors within Security & Resilience, and in the larger Organon organization
- Develop and implement anti-counterfeit and brand protection strategy and program / policies and technologies to help protect, authenticate products marketed by Organon. Perform Product Integrity cases management & investigation with the support of the Product Integrity Program Team. Interface with law enforcement agencies to support and drive counterfeit enforcement and investigations. Network with diversified groups of anti-counterfeit alliances / organizations to adopt best practices and to enhance concerted anti-counterfeit efforts against counterfeiters including online platforms.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships within the Company to enhance the Critical Event Management mission and service delivery with guidance from Critical Events Program Team.
- Independently lead the execution of Organon’s Workplace Security Strategy, including strategic and tactical operations designed to protect Organon’s employees and facilities from threats of violence, natural disaster, and unauthorized access via effective protective measures, investigations, and advocacy and awareness of associated threats.
- Independently lead the execution of Organon’s Travel Security Program Strategy, including strategic and tactical operations designed to protect Organon travelers from associated risks via deployment of active measures that detect, assess, and respond to hazard events.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on pharmaceutical security to the business.
- Maintain appropriate levels of independence between investigative operations and risk analysis to assure highest level of integrity and credibility within both areas.
- Manage operational expenditures to align with corporate and regional business activities and requirements, ensuring proactive measures and timely security services on incidents, investigative work, training needs, and ongoing maintenance of Security & Resilience Programs while prioritizing service to the identified high security risks for the Company.
- Provide strong financial stewardship of China budget assuring spend is focused on supporting the mission and does not exceed approved authorized levels.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Corporate Security Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience and expert knowledge in anti-counterfeiting & product integrity/brand protection
- Minimum 3 years of experience and expert knowledge in Crisis Management, Physical Security & investigation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management role
- Preferred to have 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Preferred Knowledge of pharmaceutical sales, manufacturing and research operations
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of anti-counterfeiting laws, regulations and anti-counterfeit enforcement environment in China.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and supporting senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team leadership abilities and experience
- Committed to successfully leading and managing in a matrixed environment with exceptional level of collaboration, clarity, and honesty in dealing with peers, team members and all others in a flat and nimble organization.
- Ability to champion new ideas or positions to meet key goals and initiatives
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Must be innovative and independent, able to manage an aggressive workload in a high performing environment
- Anticipated 10-15% travel, domestic (mainly) and international
- Proficiency of Chinese speaking and writing is a must
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Law degree
- American Society for Industrial Security, Certified Protection Professional designation
- National Association of Certified Fraud Examiner's Certified Fraud Examiner certification
Secondary Job Description
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Annualized Salary Range
Annualized Salary Range (Global)
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1