Network Security Architect Entry Level Opportunity
- Analyze new networking solutions, identifying potential security concerns, recommending approaches that can be used to mitigate identified risks, and working with technology teams to implement recommendations.
- Implement security controls developed by the business to mitigate risk during the development lifecycle.
- Implement tools and programs developed by senior staff to improve the security analysis process within the business.
- Keep up to date on emerging security technologies and solutions.
- Provide client support, escalating consultation and information security subject matter expertise to senior members.
- Review provided requirements, design, code, test, implement, and support secure applications and solutions while maintaining knowledge of various programming languages, data analytics and automation tools.
- Work under supervision to implement security controls developed by the business to mitigate risk during the development lifecycle.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
In this hybrid full time position, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. This hybrid role will be based out of Cary, North Carolina.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to perform at your personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You'll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related majors with a completion date of June 2024.
- Coursework or experience with Threat modeling including Microsoft STRIDE and Mitre ATT&CK.
- Coursework or experience in Network & Security protocols (ex: TCP/IP).
- Coursework or experience in Cloud Infrastructure, Policies, & Standards, Security Configurations.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to travel and work in Cary, North Carolina.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Ability to work with/in Cloud IAM, Authentication, and access control.
- Ability to work with/in Cloud Computing (AWS/Openshift/GCP/Azure).
- Ability to work with/in Network Performance.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.