Cyber Security Planner ( R-00023755 )
DescriptionJob Description:The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Planner supporting the Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) contract at Ft. Meade, MD .
As a Joint Cyber Planner, you will provide the Joint Forces Headquarters-Department of Defense Information Network (JFHQ-DODIN) expertise on development of strategic and operational plans and implementation of defensive hardening initiatives while collaborating with and providing JFHQ-DODIN Cyber Defense Operations representation to internal/external multi- Command/Agency/Service/Field Activity (CC/S/A/FA) operational planning teams and working groups within the J35 Future Operations.
- Assist in identifying DODIN HQ Future planning shortfalls or process gaps.
- Maintain awareness of current and developing cyber threats, tactics, procedures, and vulnerabilities that have the potential to impact the DODINDODIN.
- Maintain awareness of USTRATCOM / JFHQ-DODIN directives, orders, alerts, and messages and deconflict with strategic plans.
- Maintain awareness of DODIN Operations and DCO IDM missions.
- Effectively communicate (written and oral) implementation plans to senior leaders.
- Determine and implement means of measuring effectiveness of strategic and operational plans.
- Analyze and seek opportunities that suggest current DODIN Ops or DCO-IDM actions being taken may require revision and that a different operational approach may be required to achieve the desired end state.
- Serve as Lead for personnel in the Future Operations area with additional duties of writing schedule and providing feedback into performance evaluations.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to junior level employees.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in developing plans that receive input from multiple units, and devising a final plan.
- Joint Force Planning Experience.
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense collection
- Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting units operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open source information)
- Experience at USCYBERCOMMAND or Cyber Service Centers or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in COA development and analysis.
- In-depth understanding of the military Adaptive Planning Process.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
External Referral Eligible