Security Systems Engineer ( R-00039159 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Security Systems Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. Candidates should have direct hands on experience with Networking Administration, Firewalls, Switches, IPS and IDS systems. Configuring ACLs access control lists, VLAN segmentation, AWS Cloud environments hardening AMIs in the cloud and on premise systems. This role will require experience individuals with the ability to work with setting up and configuring various security technologies such as Splunk, Syslog, Nessus, Web Inspect, App Detective, Cisco firewalls, HBSS, PKI in order to build upon existing capabilities or stand up new capabilities. Candidates should have the ability to handle multiple system technologies and adjust to direction from management based on defined priorities.
- This role is responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction.
- Duties include managing and enforcing security strategies and policies within established guidelines.
- Responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity, and Compliance and Risk Management.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- 10 years of system admin experience supporting Windows and Linux operating systems
- 5 years of vulnerability scanning tools in any combination of Nessus, Web Inspect, App Detective
- At least 2 or more Certification: CISSP, Splunk, Network+, Security+, OSCP, Windows, Cisco, CEH, Juniper, RHEL
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Requires BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Cyber OperationsPay Range: