Proposal Coordinator - Security Detection and Automation ( R-00049246 )
The Proposal Coordinator is self-motivated, detail-oriented and energetic with a strong work ethic. This key team member is well organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist with the day-to-day operations within the Bids & Proposal team. They will be responsible for the administration, production, and configuration of proposal and technical quote submissions supporting the Leidos Security Detection & Automation Organization.
In close partnership the Sr. Proposal Manager, the Proposal Coordinator is responsible for general support to proposal team members and arranges proposal logistics, such as supplies for delivery.
- Work closely with the Proposal Managers, Sales Leads, and Capture Managers to anticipate and communicate team needs (SharePoint, IT, reproduction, proposal facilities, special supply orders, etc.)
- Understand solicitation/tender documents, including all amendments, to ensure the response plans account for requirements and changes
- Coordinate the proposal schedule and ensure deadlines are realistic/achievable
- Manage the capture team contact roster
- Assist with standard quotes and customized proposals for foreign and domestic customers
- Ensure document deliverables included in the final quotation/proposal are completed and submitted to the customer
- Track weekly updates and statuses on each assigned opportunity
- Coordinate process work flow with the rest of the Bid & Proposal team
- Track and assist in the resolution of issues
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of related experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience of proposal responsibilities in high-volume and fast paced environments.
- Ability to successfully and comfortably interface with different functional groups, such as Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Aviation, Business Administration, or related discipline or equivalent education and experience required.
- APMP certification is a plus
- Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines