InfoSec Security Engineer ( R-00051039 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an InfoSec Security Engineer who is responsible for providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems. The role designs, develops and implements security requirements as part of an Agile team. Assists the ISSOs with preparing documentation for RMF (Risk Management Framework). Responsible for developing test procedures and contingency plans as part of the assessment and authorization (A&A) process. Conducts/Perform complex risk and vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies. Recommends system enhancements to improve security deficiencies. Develops, tests, and integrates/automates security tools. Assess system configurations and installs security tools, scans systems to determine compliancy and report results and evaluates products and various aspects of system administration. Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to minimize identified risks. Aids in computer incident investigations.
- Serve as the principal Security Engineer to the information system owner (Deliver Owners) and the ISSO on all matters (technical and otherwise) involving the security of the information system
- Coordinate with the team’s Teams Tech Leads to provide technical direction and guidance to software developers and systems administrators for security related development and engineering tasks
- Assist the ISSO in gathering, preparing, and maintaining the information systems Body of Evidence (Systems Security Plans (SSP)) and other security related documentation
- Support Achievement of Authority to Test (ATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Develop and implement Continuous Monitoring processes
- Assist project team with creating/maintaining and running automation scripts or manual steps for securely configuring systems, testing and ensuring cyber compliance of all systems.
- Propose mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities identified in the system
- Investigate and mitigate cyber security incidents
- Verify and maintain security and technical configurations: Interpret and propose technical solutions for security requirements/controls
- Assess the impacts on system modifications and technological advances
- Manage and review security logs and taking required actions
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security design
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Participate in the change management process
- Documented experience information assurance and cyber security engineering
- Can work independently of direct supervision
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Experience with information assurance and cyber security engineering
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, Nessus Security Center, Appdetective, WebInspect, Xacta
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with migration and operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- A professional background in Systems Engineering / Cloud Architecture / Software Development
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- AWS/Azure/Google Certifications
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell)
- Experience with SAFe Agile Framework