Senior Developer - Security (2104283)
Senior Developer - Security - ( 2104283 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Who is Pearson VUE?
Each year millions of people around the world take an exam with Pearson VUE. Chances are you, or someone you know, has recently tested with us. Your neighbor the computer programmer, your dad’s nurse, your child’s teacher or your local real estate agent. All demonstrate their knowledge, skill and commitment when they test with Pearson VUE.
As a security-focused developer, you will be responsible for improving application security across the platform. This will entail hands-on development work to resolve vulnerabilities as well as an increasing focus on identifying, assessing, escalating, and coordinating fixes across teams. You will work with security experts on other platforms and teams. The ideal candidate is a proven software developer who thrives working independently and is effective in collaborating and educating others. Candidates for this role are not expected to be security experts but must start with a baseline of security knowledge and a strong interest and ability to learn security. For example, you should know the basics of a SQL injection attack or how Cross Site Scripting (XSS) works; this would represent a baseline of knowledge.
Your responsibilities will include full lifecycle activities using industry best practices in an agile, results driven environment while working with a diverse group of high-performing, experienced teams. You will be expected to continually grow and challenge all of us to raise the bar even higher with your contributions to people, process and technology. We are looking for another highly collaborative team member that has a passion for excellence and innovation and knows the importance of fun, self-care and flexibility while working on a variety of complex and challenging projects.
Software Design, Development, and Software Quality Assurance
- Drive and contribute to security standards and best practices in the development processes, coding, and implementation.
- Research and recommend software solutions and tools with a focus on security.
- Analyze, plan and implement fixes to security vulnerabilities uncovered by penetration tests and scanning tools.
- Participate as required in design and code reviews and ensure code meets security standards.
- Provide leadership to, and mentoring of, members of the development team to evaluate, identify and correct software defects with a particular focus on software security.
- Stay abreast of industry security and other practices and technologies to be used in the development process
- Attend and participate in team, department and company meetings
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent science preferred, but combined experience and skills will be considered
- 5 years of experience developing software
- 5 years of experience with .NET development with C#
- Familiarity with common security vulnerabilities and fixes
Primary Location : US-UT-American Fork
Work Locations :
US-UT-American Fork-1276 South 820 East1276 South 820 EastSuite 200
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 15, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104283