Senior Cloud Security Analyst (2006731)
As the global leader in electronic testing, Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) validates the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Our customers’ high-stakes certification, licensure, admissions and other credentialing exams help people advance in technology, government and professional careers, as well as attain educational growth. Pearson VUE offers proctored exams through the world's largest network of test centers in addition to testing in online and unproctored environments.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
We are the world's learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The position will be located in the Bloomington, MN office - Minnesota Residence required .
As Senior Cloud Security Analyst, you will have a critical role within our technology organization as we move our corporate systems from on premises to the Cloud. Background in Cloud Security and Networking. You will work with stakeholders across technical teams to identify and resolve or mitigate system vulnerabilities. You will play an active role in the design and implementation of state-of-the-art monitoring and response tools to keep our systems secure. When you are not actively working on the existing systems you are learning about the next generation of technologies. Come work with us in this fast-paced environment where your skill and experience will be put to its fullest use!
- Cloud security
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory policies that guide network security
- Analyze the findings produced via vulnerability monitoring and audits, and the priority of the work that needs to be done in order to resolve or mitigate security issues
- Provide tuning recommendations for security tools based on findings analysis and knowledge of regulatory policies
- Participate in audit interviews
- Manage penetration testing and produce reports on findings
- Guide technical teams to adopt security standards directly in our software and development lifecycle
- Support production application and development teams as SME on network security both on premise and in the cloud (AWS and Azure)
- Support application teams with troubleshooting custom Web-based applications
- Stay current with trends in the network and information security communities including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products
Qualifications - External
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree computer Science, MIS or equivalent technology discipline although relevant experience will also be taken into consideration in lieu of degree
- Professional Certification: CISSP, GIAC, OSCP, SSCP, or comparable
- Experience in Cloud operations (AWS, Azure)
- 8 years of experience in Data/Security Networking, within a support environment
- Ability to understand regulatory policies and how they apply to a given network context
- Knowledge of attack vectors (malware, web application, social engineering, etc.) and attack surfaces (ports, firewalls, incoming data processing, interfaces, etc.)
- Comprehensive experience with security features of networking equipment
- High level experience with PCI and VPN protocols including TLS and IPSec
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with on premise to cloud infrastructure migrations
- Experience adopting security practices across an enterprise
- Experience with container orchestration and service mesh technologies like Kubernetes, Envoy, and Consul
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2006731