Security Software Developer (Test Delivery) (2104064)
Security Software Developer (Test Delivery) - ( 2104064 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Who is Pearson VUE?
Each year millions of people around the world take an exam with Pearson VUE. Chances are you, or someone you know, has recently tested with us. Your neighbor the computer programmer, your dad’s nurse, your child’s teacher or your local real estate agent. All demonstrate their knowledge, skill and commitment when they test with Pearson VUE.
Bloomington, MN location - no long-term remote work option, nor relocation
The Test Delivery team supports the exam creation and presentation functions that are essential components of Pearson Vue’s core business. One of the team’s primary responsibilities is supporting a number of examination platforms that present exams to candidates, record responses, calculate scores and report results. We are now in the midst of building our next generation web based exam software, which is a multi-year project with enormous strategic value, leveraging state of the art technologies and process, which has strong organizational interest and momentum. We are looking for outstanding candidates to bolster the staff of this critical product.
The Security Software Developer is being hired to fortify the security of our web-based Test Delivery applications. Alongside other members of the feature development teams, this development role will plan and implement fixes to security vulnerabilities uncovered by penetration tests and scanning tools. Familiarity with common security vulnerabilities and fixes is important, but so is learning on-the-job.
This role is new and will be the Test Delivery team’s specialist on security and security related initiatives. To be successful, partnership with the rest of the development team, QA team, architects, and security analysts in the broader company will be part of the job. Candidates for this role are not expected to be security experts, but should start with a baseline of security knowledge and be driven to expand their skills through collaboration with other team members and industry documentation. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 5 years relevant software development experience creating business applications with relational database systems
- 3 years of Java development required
- Experience with highly available, highly concurrent web-based applications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline (strong desire)
- 1 years experience working in an agile environment
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Able to think technically and analytically
- Ability to understand the philosophy of architecture
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills - including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Experience with Windows, Unix and/or OS X system programming
Experience with some or all of the following tools is considered a bonus:
- Docker containers
- Kubernetes Orchestration
- Apache CXF / RESTful Web Services
- Gradle Build Framework
- Selenium Web Driver / Gauge UI Automation
- IntelliJ IDE
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations :
US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley5601 Green Valley DriveSuite 220
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Mar 22, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104064