Senior Cloud Security Engineer - Infrastructure (2103903)
Senior Cloud Security Engineer - Infrastructure - ( 2103903 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 20,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Who is Pearson VUE?
Each year millions of people around the world take an exam with Pearson VUE. Chances are you, or someone you know, has recently tested with us. Your neighbor the computer programmer, your dad’s nurse, your child’s teacher or your local real estate agent. All demonstrate their knowledge, skill and commitment when they test with Pearson VUE.
As Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will have a critical role within our technology organization as we move our corporate systems from on premises to the Cloud. You will work with stakeholders across technical teams to identify and resolve or mitigate system vulnerabilities. You will play an active role in the design and implementation of monitoring and response tools to keep our systems secure. When you are not actively working on the existing systems you are learning about the next generation of technologies. Come work with us in this fast-paced environment where your skill and experience will be put to its fullest use!
- Creating automation routines in Ansible and Terraform to implement security enhancements.
- Working in governance capacity to oversee proper security practices are being followed for infrastructure teams.
- Creating Azure Policies to help govern the resources being deployed
- Supporting Compliance related efforts (FedRAMP, CIS, etc.)
- Working in following technologies: Azure, Kenna, Qualys, Blackduck, Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Contrast, GIT, Splunk
- Creating security related stories (Agile Story boarding) to be implemented by you or other members of the team
- Analyzing findings to determine if they are accurate or false positives
- Monitoring, maintaining, and fixing monthly patch schedules
- Supporting internal and external pen testing activities
- Creating and responding to security alerts
- Creating design documentation on solution approaches for various security related efforts
- Perform Quality Assurance (i.e. Testing) on other team members development activities.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 5 years experience in Azure Cloud Security and Networking
- 2 years experience in Azure cloud computing based services architecture.
- Software development experience including solution design, coding, and technical architecture.
- Shell scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment using Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of attack vectors (malware, web application, social engineering, etc.) and attack surfaces (ports, firewalls, incoming data processing, interfaces, etc.)
- High level experience with PCI and VPN protocols including TLS and IPSec
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance standards, FedRAMP, NIST, etc.
- Certificate Management (client certificates, server certificates, certificate authorities, etc.)
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management
- Passionate about security and technology, willing to challenge status quo.
- Interested in adhering to engineering best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and self-motivated.
- Experience adopting security practices across an enterprise
- Understanding of data classification standards.
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations :
US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley5601 Green Valley DriveSuite 220
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 30, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2103903