Security Services Analyst (2105529)
Security Services Analyst - ( 2105529 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Located in Bloomington, MN, the Information Security Services Analyst is responsible for open source intelligence harvesting and investigating data forensic model output. In addition, the successful candidate will interface directly with client security personnel to design, implement and track existing and new security procedures, policies and programs.It is essential that the individual supports and implements the company policies and procedures around Security, Quality and Health and Safety.
- Identify potential security risks for client exams through open source intelligence and other similar tools.
- Investigate data forensic analytics/model output, applicable client security incidents and risks and proactively own their resolution.
- As required, recommend and implement corrective actions such as re-training, suspension or termination of testing centres.
- Make recommendations for technology and process improvements to support security policies and initiatives.
- Pro-actively monitor the testing channel for client specific security risks by utilising existing reports/creating new reports/ to investigate new security trends.
- To run and investigate client specific cases in conjunction with the global security teams as necessary, and report and document the outcome of such investigation in global case management systems.
- Act as an escalation point for client specific security issues.
- Conduct thorough client specific investigations into security risks and incidents, working with internal staff, systems and data, as well as third parties to assemble the required information.
- Conduct regular open source intelligence harvesting using pre-approved tools to identify infringing websites.
- Maintain accurate documentation of client investigations with using the Global Security Case Management systems.
- Execute various reports and conduct client investigations as appropriate, including collaboration with global security teams.
- Investigate client testing channel by identifying and preventing exam fraud and infringement through data forensic analytics/model output, open source intelligence harvesting and other similar tools.
- Pro-actively monitor testing channels for specific clients to maintain test security by utilising data forensic analytics/models and tools to examine new security trends uncovered.
- Keep stakeholders informed of new security risks for specific clients by attending global investigation meetings and discussing security trends with the global security teams.Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field, such as information security, operations, project management or investigation.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a related function, involving management of security / fraud investigations and resolution.
- Experience of gathering and presenting information to support legal actions.
- Attention to detail and a strong level of commitment to a task.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, aiding in influencing and persuading external parties.
- Time management and prioritization skills, leading to the ability to balance the demands of multiple projects at any given time.
- Evidence of problem solving and analytical skills, both in line with established processes and procedures, and also using creativity to develop innovative new solutions, processes and/or policies.
- The ability to exercise discretion in the conduct of sensitive investigations into security incidents.
- Sound working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite and associated packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience and understanding of the testing industry.
- Open source intelligence harvesting and investigating techniques.
- Analytic and/or model development using open source data science tools (e.g. R) or other tools/languages (e.g. SPSS, Python, SQL).
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations :
US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley5601 Green Valley DriveSuite 220
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 21, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2105529