Cyber Security Engineer - Senior ( R-00053764 )
Leidos is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to support work on an on an information technology (IT) contract in the Dulles corridor area. The Cyber Security Engineer is should have a strong, well-rounded background of implementing security controls on virtual platforms, Windows domains, stand-alone computing environments, and various platforms. In addition, the candidate will also continuously monitor all implemented solutions for required updates, patching and any anomalous events and respond appropriately.
The Cyber Security Engineer provides technical expertise in applied information security solutions and is well versed in implantation and monitoring of the security controls necessary to bring and keep information systems into compliance with applicable security policies and best practices.
A successful candidate will assist in the determination, implementation and monitoring of applicable information system security controls. Additionally, the Cyber Security Engineer will obtain, review, and analyze system events to prevent/detect the presence of malicious software/viruses, intrusions, unauthorized hardware/software changes, system misuse, and will provide detailed reporting on pertinent observations and findings. The Cyber Security Engineer will author and maintain system documentation, such as system diagrams, test plans and change management.
The Cyber Security Engineer is also expected to monitor various cybersecurity related media/data sources in order to keep apprised of relevant events, issues and topics and will provide timely notification and/or educational materials and briefings to the workforce when appropriate.
- Provide direct support to the Information Systems Security Manager
- Author system diagrams, security plans and any documentation required to achieve compliance certifications
- Execute technical security testing of various information systems using industry standard tools and best practices to determine security deficiencies and implement approved mitigations
- Configure, monitor and maintain security incident and event monitoring (SIEM) tools – to include writing syntactically correct rules used to detect incidents/events
- Assist with all aspects of configuration and change management
- Use of an issue tracking system to document all actions performed
- Provide technical insight into relevant cybersecurity topics and provide educational materials, briefings, and training sessions
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 8-12 years of experience in the following;
- Deriving applicable system security controls
- Utilizing industry standard network and system security tools
- Implementing and monitoring cybersecurity solutions
- Creating and maintaining detailed system documentation
- Excellent Interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to communicate technical information clearly and accurately, verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical workforce personnel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through on tasks
- Ability to successfully document, execute, coordinate and track multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Certifications: CompTIA Network+; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security; Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security; Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security; Network Security Tools
- Defining applicable system security controls
- Running network/system security tools to determine security deficiencies and implementing approved mitigations
- Working knowledge of information system security industry standards, fundamental security principals, information security best practices and related technologies
- Experience on computer incident response teams, administering related processes/procedures