Cyber Security Engineer ( R-00054164 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Cyber Security Engineer (SME) who is responsible for protecting the information systems and networks from potential customer’s computers and networking systems from potential hackers and cyber-attacks. The Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology using Firewalls, VPNs, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
Candidates will work directly with Team leads, developers and operations throughout a DevSecOps life cycle both on policy and technical implementation of technologies.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, anti-virus, cryptography systems, SIEM, Anti-SPAM, and MDM.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SIEM, VPN, SSL, application control, Antivirus, and other network component policies.
- Investigate and respond to cyber security incidents (system and/or network breaches, malware attacks) and implement forensic investigations.
- Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Ensure the clients data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participate in the change management process
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and review security logs, audit data and taking required actions
- Ensure network security best practices are implemented through auditing: router, switch, firewall configurations, change control, and monitoring.
- Provide periodic vulnerability testing, and lead remediation projects
- Coordinate, and monitor log analysis for our managed services offerings, to ensure customer policy and security requirements are met.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks in a consultative role
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Maintain firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Candidate must have a MS degree and 15-20 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Certifications: CISSP, CCNA, OWSE, Windows, CISCO, Juniper, RHEL, CERT, ECC CEH, GCIH, GISF, SCNP SCNA
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, HBSS, IDS/IPS, VPN,
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell)
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- AWS Certification
- Experience maintain virtual private networks, firewalls, web protocols
- Experience with SAFe Agile Framework
- Knowledge of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, and so on
- Experience with incident responses activities