Sr Proposal Writer/Technical Writer - Security Detection and Automation ( R-00054828-OTHLOC-PL-2D3385 )
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr Proposal/Technical Writer to support our Security Detection and Automation business.
The Sr Writer serves as the primary lead for content development, coordination, management, subject matter expert (SME) interviews, and writing of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and international tender requests. They apply proposal and project management techniques in the preparation, production, and delivery of winning quality proposals. The Sr. Writer coordinates with appropriate SMEs and technical resources for optimum presentation of information in a professional manner.
- Gather technical information to create customer-centric bid and proposal documents that flow logically and read with a single voice.
- Interview senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Gather and research information to include in proposals, resumes, and project summaries.
- Review, organize, and edit written bid and proposal documentation to improve clarity.
- Verify complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable, and compelling.
- Provide final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, compliance, and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Bachelor's degree in English or a related field (journalism, communications, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- Ideal candidates should possess 8+ years of experience in a proposal or business development role.
- Experience with marketing professional services and products, and familiarity with security industry terms, contracts, deliverables, and processes is required.
- Knowledge of non-intrusive inspection or passenger checkpoint security technologies and/or system development processes is highly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with project executives, project managers, and relevant SMEs in the proposal preparation process.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).