Cloud Security Engineer ( R-00054169 )
Leidos (LADA program) has a need for a cloud services engineer to support a critical suite of operational mission applications for our IC customer. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your cloud services expertise to bear on critical national security programs and to utilize cloud technologies in unique ways. Our IC customer mission is seeking to migrate its current production infrastructure to the cloud and also to increase its use of cloud services in our dev and integration environments. We will need your skills and expertise to help guide them on the best ways to leverage cloud services. We seek individuals who can think “out of the box” and who have a passion for exotic uses of technology.
• The successful candidate will be performing research, design, development, testing, and implementation of new cloud-based solutions.
• Create documentation artifacts for existing and newly-deployed solutions for our technical baseline and O&M teams.
• Work with our security and development teams to create dev/ops solutions.
• Interact with cloud service providers for service provisioning.
• Prepare briefing materials on proposed uses of cloud technologies for internal program boards and customer forums.
• Integrate cloud solutions with existing networks and systems.
• When needed, support O&M troubleshooting, diagnostic, and restoration efforts during system outages or other anomalies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience OR Masters with 6 years of experience or 12 years experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• In-depth, hands-on, experience with cloud-based solutions from Amazon (AWS), Google, Azure, or other vendors.
• Solid understanding and experience with virtual containers, separation of management/data paths, virtual gateways, and virtual storage.
• Fluent/semi fluent with Linux/Unix-based shell commands, folder structure, and scripting.
• IC cloud experience
• IC customer experience
• Amazon AWS certification
• Experience with Java, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Lambda and Ansible
• Knowledge of agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Puppet
• Knowledge of continuous integration, delivery, and automated test tools such as Jenkins, Git, SonarQube and Artifactory