Cloud Security Engineer ( R-00054907 )
Leidos is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to support a critical suite of operational mission applications for our IC customer. The Cloud Systems Engineer will support the Program’s Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) and be responsible for managing the Program’s 10+ System Security Plans (SSPs). The candidate will collaborate with stakeholders to establish written customer Cloud best practices and manage Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) items. The selected individual will assist in translating technical information into clear, readable documents and presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. The candidate will support the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating graphics presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents. The candidate will assist in integrating the graphics and information generated from meetings and facilitation sessions, using automated tools, and research methods into final deliverable documents.
The selected individual will develop and lead architecture definition of Cloud Computing solutions (CSP, Private Cloud, SaaS) addressing the full lifecycle from early CONOPS, requirements development, technical planning, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost, deploy, through sustainment. • Work with Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs) in assessing, documenting, and tracking new program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs). • Run vulnerability assessment scans using approved security tools and methodologies • Review and interpret scan results and recommend appropriate mitigations • Collaborate with stakeholders to establishing written Customer AWS best practices • Consult with software development, system administration, and system engineering project teams • Assist in the implementation of AWS design patterns • Mentor software development project teams on Customer AWS best practices • Develop software tools to automatically verify AWS configurations that satisfy the Customers AWS best practices • Migrating applications to a cloud environment using AWS • Coordinate participation in meetings; documentation and distribution of minutes and action items; and tracing action items for successful completion. • Support task requiring the collecting, compiling, evaluating and publishing of information and statistical data in documents, records, forms, reports, plans, policies, and regulations. • Provide support such as technical writing and technical editing • Compose briefing materials on proposed uses of cloud technologies for internal program boards and customer forums • Conduct research as directed. • Facilitate meetings and information sessions. • Provide documentation, requirements, and information updates.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph security clearance required to be considered
- Bachelor Degree in technical disciplines with 12+ years of experience related to IT and/or systems engineering OR Master's degree and 10 years of experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated, hands-on experience with cloud-based solutions from either Amazon (AWS), Google, Azure, or other vendors in a commercial or government environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with at least 2 of the following concentration areas: 1. AWS Simple Storage Service 2. AWS Elastic Compute Cloud and Elastic Block Store (EBS) 3. AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) 4. Subnets, Security Groups, and Identity Access Management (IAM) or 5. AWS Auto-Scaling and Cloud Watch.
- Strong overall Systems Engineering and Security experience
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) and XACTA experience
- Demonstrated experience writing key project and technical deliverables, such as technical architecture documentation, data flows, and network diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical responses to POA&M items.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting technical writing and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated experience with security vulnerability scanning tools.
- Demonstrated experience with security processes, SecDevOps implementation, Cyber Security, and Cloud infrastructure to develop and deploy enterprise level hosting platforms
- Demonstrated experience engineering security solutions for medium-to-large complex IT development efforts involving both software and hardware.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of data protection levels and encryption standards.
- Demonstrated experience managing cloud solutions, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation.
- Demonstrated experience working in an AWS environment and/or deploying applications to the cloud.
- Familiar with Scrum Agile methodology and processes
- Demonstrated experience supporting the execution of deployment plans and checklist.
- Demonstrated experience developing backup and recovery and disaster recovery strategies.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of the Sponsor’s information security processes and systems.
- Ability to mentor software development project teams on Customer AWS best practices
- CSP Certifications (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Java, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Lambda and Ansible
- Knowledge of agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Puppet
- Knowledge of continuous integration, delivery, and automated test tools such as Jenkins, Git, SonarQube and Artifactory
- Experience working in Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments is a plus
- Experience with Managed Service delivery to include private cloud services.
- Demonstrated Azure and/or AWS infrastructure architect experience at expert level.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, deploying, and maintenance of production applications in Azure and / or AWS cloud.