Senior FIPS 140-2 Security Assurance Engineer ( R-00055462 )
The Leidos FIPS 140-2 Senior Security Assurance Engineer, in support of the Cryptographic and Security Testing Laboratory (CSTL), performs various technical and consultative services including initial assessments of product cryptographic security, input to the development of a product's security design and formal testing of the products against the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 for cryptographic modules.
What You Will Get to Do:
The selected candidate will work on various FIPS 140-2 validation projects and perform the following.
- General security analysis
- Design work (product architecture)
- Physical security testing
- System-level logical analysis
- Cryptographic and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) testing
- Cryptographic algorithm testing
- Source code review activities
- Test case development/execution
- Technical report writing and review
- Testing automation through scripting
Senior Security Assurance Engineer hires will have additional opportunities to lead projects which would entail serving as the main POC with commercial vendors and government oversight.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Knowledge of FIPS 140-2 requirements
- Knowledge of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Experience building testing environments, performing testing and reporting results (technical writing).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with VHDL and Verilog languages.
- Experience with debugging (GDB, WinDBG, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience with statistical analysis of entropy sources.
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and/or OpenPGP.
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing experience/expertise.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles and best practices.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Related certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Linux.
- Hands on experience using tools such as an oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of X.509 certificates and their attributes as well as protocols such as CDP and OCSP.
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with subnets and routing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Require BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Information AssurancePay Range: