Security Controller ( R-00055448 )
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Our Farnborough office is at the centre of our business growth strategy and is home to our new software factory, one of our bid and proposal centre's and various programmes for which Leidos is the prime contractor to UK Government. On-going expansion of our business and dedicated security function means that we have exciting opportunity for a Deputy Site Security Controller to join our team.
Keeping our people, facility, assets and systems safe and secure is the primary focus of this well-established role, along with maintaining the necessary security accreditations and certifications required of us as a UK Government supplier. The incumbent will be at the centre of all on-site activities and programmes providing the full scope of protective security services and controls to ensure compliance with the Security Policy Framework, ISO 27001, Security Aspects Letters and other contractual security obligations such as DEFCON and DEFSTAN.
You will report directly into the Leidos UK Head of Security and be accountable for security operations within this key Leidos facility.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who has previous experience of managing or supporting the security operation within a facility of similar nature.
- Responsible for the entire security operation of this facility, the incumbent will be required to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the Security Policy Framework and managing assets against the Government Security Classifications Scheme and contractual security aspects letters.
- The incumbent will be key to developing and maintaining a strong on-site security posture and therefore must be proficient at undertaking security risk assessments and proposing risk mitigations for all areas of protective security.
- Experience of developing and successfully implementing security policies and procedures to ensure the secure operation of our business is essential such that security is a business enabler.
- Maintaining our compliance with UK Government security frameworks and existing UK Government accreditations and certifications requires a security professional who is proficient in the interpretation and application of the required standards.
- Competency in incident management and leading investigations
- Exemplary engagement with both internal and external stakeholders to maintain a strong security culture and focus
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in an agile working environment without compromising the security of our organisation and customers.
- Formal security qualification and training or military/policing equivalent experience is essential.
Desirable skills :
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001 is advantageous but not essential for this role.
- Previous experience of conducting internal compliance audits would be advantageous.
- Cryptographic Custodian duties and therefore formal training and certification is required but can be provided
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
External Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Other ClearanceTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SecurityPay Range:
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)