Telecom Network and Security Manager (EPA) ( R-00056810 )
The Civil Group has an opening for a Telecommunications - Network and Security Manager to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. The manager will provide technical expertise regarding EPA network and security requirements for WAN/LAN and security services.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE; DUE TO CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
- Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
- Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Experience designing, developing, managing, and optimizing complex WAN/LAN communication environments similar in size and scope (~20k end users)
- Leads a team to monitor, assess, troubleshoot, and optimize network performance for a federal customer
- Demonstrated experience operating and designing a network using routing protocols MPLS and MTIPS, IPSEC VPN.
- Demonstrated experience performing compliance and vulnerability testing.
- Demonstrated experience making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operation costs.
- Conducts firewall configuration/maintenance
- Plans, implements, and maintains network-related products such as routers, switches, VPNs, and firewalls
- Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 12 years' experience managing an enterprise IT service delivery and application management similar in size, scope, and complexity to the requirements of this TOR.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) professional certifications.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Maintain configuration control of development, staging, and production environments, including configuration records, and report on the environments’ configuration sufficiently to keep the EPA TPOC informed of any changes proposed or planned.
- Manage implementation of new requirements via the present Telecommunication Service Request (TSR) process, operate the Network Control Facility
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.External Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: