Network Security Engineer ( 559383-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will deliver consulting project activities, ranging from client identification through final invoicing through medium to long term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Your technical responsibilities will include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment.
Your role is viewed by customers as a consultant and performance is assessed by delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours. You will work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. You will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Identifying, assessing and upgrading customer information technology infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
- Documenting (textual and graphical as appropriate), communicating, recommending and taking appropriate action to resolve risks and issues associated with security vulnerabilities across the customer IT environment.
- Installing, maintaining, staging, automating and operating Security Services (services, equipment and software), including virus software and definitions/signatures, patches, host based agents, web filtering, spam prevention and other monitoring software, based upon supplier version release keeping the customer IT environment updated at N Release Level at all times, subject to customer-approved waivers.
- Providing, maintaining, implementing (at N Release Level) and administering security management tools, including firewall/ips (e.g. Cisco, Source Fire, Cisco Firepower), and URL content filtering (e.g. Zscaler, bluecoat, Symantec) across the customer IT environment, authorized users, data center and network assets.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years relevant of work experience.
- Six years or more of experience in the security services environment.
- Four or more years of experience with at least two of the following technologies: Firewall, IDS, Proxy, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Three or more years of experience with the following products: Cisco Firepower Management Center, Zscaler Proxy Internet Access, Zscaler Private Access.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level of understanding routing, switching and VRFs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format.
- Ability to present information to management, public groups, and/or a customer team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.