Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte's Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you'll do
Provides hands on Security Engineering for the support of Cofense. Investigates, analyzes, and escalates incidents around e-mail within environment to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Incident Response.
•Provide subject matter expertise in the configuration and operation of CoFense, Splunk searches, Splunk Dashboards and Reporting
•Perform trend analysis and reports
•Write and publish rulesets and recipes within CoFense
•Monitor external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) to maintain currency of cyber defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
•Coordinate with intelligence analysts to correlate threat assessment data.
•Utilize internal tools to perform phishing analysis on reported emails on the network
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you're seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the Public Trust clearance for this role.
- Travel up to 15%
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of related work experience in Security Engineering
- Experience with KnowB4/CoFense/Proofpoint
- Familiarity with MS Exchange and O365
- Familiarity with regex and scripting
- Must be familiar with email protection from threats including Phish, BEC, imposter and others.
- Respond to emails and other security incidents involving CoFense
- Experience identifying threats, vulnerabilities, exploitations and applying security controls, tools and techniques to detect or gather information on domains or subjects
- Broad knowledge of information systems including Windows security, network security, systems development, communication networks, security software/hardware and operating systems other than Windows a plus.
- Understanding of how TCP/IP networks function (protocols, ports, proxy log analysis, domain name resolution).
How you'll grow
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.