Security Architect (32384)
- Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
- Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
- Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
- Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
- Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
- Secure enterprise information by implementing security requirements; planning, development, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
- Enhance security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Implement security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Executing the security systems plan by evaluating network and security technologies; developing security requirements adhering to industry standards.
- Develop system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you're seeking a career implementing, architecting, and-in select cases-handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Travel up to 10%
- Experience using cyber reconnaissance to support a federal client
- 10+ years of relevant network security architecture experience
- Perform security audits, risk analysis, application-level vulnerability testing, and security code reviews
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP
- Knowledge of and experience with Zero Trust Architecture to include NIST SP 800-207
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Strong foundation across the cybersecurity technology stack, cloud security, and market-leading technology offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts
- Experience with enterprise networking and network security principles
- Experience with securing commercial cloud services, including AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience designing and integrating marketplace leading vulnerability management, threat management, monitoring, and data protection processes and platform tools
- Experience building and operating automated security operations
- Experience delivering secure architectures in a federal environment
- Experience designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, and automated build and configuration tools such as Jenkins and terraform
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers and business users on architecture vision and security model
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.