Security Operations Center (SOC) Team Lead ( R-00059074 )
This position is responsible for leading the Security Operations Center (SOC) for a law enforcement agency. The SOC consists of a variety of highly-skilled, technical staff performing Monitoring and Analysis, Cyber Incident Handling, Threat Intelligence & Hunting, non-compliance reporting, user activity monitoring, malware and forensic analysis, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. Furthermore, the SOC Manager coordinates 24x7 staffing to support mission-critical operations, including incident response, and manages surge support.
- Supervise and Manage a team of Cyber Security Analysts within the SOC in support of the Government Customer
- Manage and conduct hands-on technical detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and remediation in support of day to day operations
- Provide guidance and mentorship to improve analyst skill sets and ensure delivery of high quality analysis and work products
- Ensure accountability and punctuality of security analysts
- Capture Cybersecurity metrics in direct-support to executive-level briefings (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Establish trust and business relationships with customer and other relevant stakeholders
- Perform analysis and quality assurance for Team work product
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or higher and 4+ years’ experience in an information technology field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- 3 years of supervisory responsibility and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be Top Secret – Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Eligible
Possess any of the following certifications
- CISSP, CASP, CCSP, SSCP, SANS GIAC:GMON GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GREM
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization including prior experience performing large-scale incident response.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments.