Senior Security Software Engineer ( 567067-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Network Security Identity & Access Management (I&AM) team is seeking a Senior Secuirty Software Engineer on the User Experience Team. You will be accountable for developing and driving the strategy, processes, and tools for executing exceptional user experiences in use of all Network Security I&AM platforms and services. You will be building & maintaining strong partnerships with various Global Network & Technology (GN&T) customer organizations. You will be responsible for leading a team of experienced security professionals in assessing, simplifying, conducting, and improving overall user experiences in all aspects of I&AM use.
You will be partnering with GN&T teams, Corporate Information Security, and Network Security I&AM peers on new ways to improve end-to-end user experiences. You will need to embrace diverse perspectives and points of view, while also challenging historical decisions, as an accelerant for innovative ideas and improvements.
- Architect and design technical solutions for business problems.
- Assist team members in achieving their deliverables and enhancing their skills.
- Balance business needs with security policies.
- Evaluate and review system requirements, perform cost/benefit analysis, and recommend new technology solutions to fulfill business requirements.
- Rapidly adapt to new technologies, test them to failure, and identify the strengths/weaknesses of each for decision makers (research and evaluate new hardware/software).
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in software engineering and system administration.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience and background in Network Engineering, Information Technology (software engineering and system administration), and/or Security Engineering.
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices, and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
- Advanced skills writing scripts (Python, PERL, JAVA), and working with SQL (Oracle, SQLServer).
- Advanced knowledge of .Net Framework, Visual Studio, C#, Visual Basic .NET (User Interface Development).
- Advanced knowledge of database tuning.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Solaris, and Linux virtual servers.
- Working knowledge of API development.
- Working knowledge of Ansible.
- Ability to compile and modify Open Source code.
- Advanced knowledge with Git and version control best practices.
- Ability to convert manual processes into automated processes.
- Demonstrated practice of Agile Mindset; work in an adaptive and agile environment.
- High organizational skills with the ability to multitask, take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities / tasks to achieve objectives.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Capability to present and communicate to both superiors and peers.
- Experience building, updating, and maintaining technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management concepts, technology, and industry trends.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with a background in CyberSecurity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across various technical and project management organizations.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving that involves working across cross-functional teams to drive solutions to final conclusion.
- Ability to translate large complex requirements to understandable deliverables.
- Ability to communicate security concepts and technical details in easily understood language.
- System, network, and application security knowledge and expertise.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.