Security Assurance Principal Consultant ( 568563-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a full-time member of the Verizon Enterprise Services security team, the Security Assurance Principal Consultant will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring, maturing, and coordinating the security delivery aspects for one of Verizon’s key customers.
- Supervise the security components of the Customer engagement, and ensure successful delivery of the roles and contractual commitments within the engagement.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a delivery governance service model with a unique set of requirements for the Customer’s environment, providing input and recommendations.
- Drive timely delivery of services and reports for the security operations component of the Customer engagement.
- Act as a facilitator for liaising between Verizon’s security functions and the customer, and act as a trusted security advisor to varying levels of stakeholders at Customer.
- Provide security consulting oversight and strategic advisory for the customer engagement by helping the Customer improve their overall cyber security posture and reduce their cyber risk.
- Develop applicable scope and assess a customer’s environment following PCI – QSA processes since many customers have PCI compliance requirements.
- Complete a ROC for PCI Compliance or help support other QSA’s in this process.
- Gather, analyze, understand and apply contextual and business information supporting the security delivery component of the Customer engagement.
- Work with Customer and Verizon stakeholders to contribute to open actions and bring them to a close as needed.
- Ensure proactive and actionable notifications are delivered to the Customer within specified timeframes and reported as completed by due date.
- Drive innovation meetings with Customer stakeholders to discuss emerging threats, new services, technology improvements, and design maturation.
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with Customer stakeholders to identify and reset expectations where appropriate, and adjust expectations within the confines of the existing engagements should changes in business requirements, threat landscape or as requirements so dictate.
- Review and prepare digestible, actionable and timely information to hierarchical management and Customer stakeholders through recurring reporting, including but not limited to executive summaries, detailed activity reports, slide decks, presentations and the like.
- Lead and participate in presentations to Customer stakeholders, including management and executives, on information security topics and on-going engagement activities.
- Participate in meetings with other Verizon Security Stakeholders, Sales teams, and Contract Governance management on a regular basis to review on-going issues, interaction points, activities and challenges for Customer
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Information and/or Cyber Security, preferably in a lead consulting, advisory or leadership role.
- Industry security certification(s) such as CISSP, SANS, CISA, CISM.
- A PCI QSA certification or are eligible to become one.
- Experience working with external clients in a Professional Services type organization with consulting experience in the Governance, Risk, and Compliance areas.
- Extensive client management experience.
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
Even better if you have one or more of the following
- Previous consulting experience.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently as required.
- Detailed oriented and composed in challenging situations
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable presentation skills.
- Previous experience as a PCI – QSA.
- Managed Security Services and Professional Security Services background.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.