Security Engineer ( R-00062355 )
DescriptionJob Description:The FFSP program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Security Engineer to be a team member of the information security team for the Future Flight Service Program (FFSP) in Ashburn, VA. This position will assist with maintenance, implementation and analysis of the program’s information security systems. Primary Responsibilities
- Provide technical analysis and research in planning, engineering, design and implementations.
- Provide analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to problems.
- Support implementation of new hardware into production computer rooms. Complete activities that cannot be done during first and mid-shifts to minimize risks associated with equipment changes and implementations in active production FFSP operational computer rooms.
- Evaluate risk associated with planned implementations processes, monitors associated risks and communicates changing risk assessments while performing implementation activities in the event of abnormal system feedback.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for security equipment and troubleshoot problems as needed.
- Provide after-hours support.
- Work independently to resolve reported issues.
- Must be willing to work variable shift work supporting maintenance windows 10:00pm to 6:00am for implementation of changes to the FFSP lab and Operational systems
- Work independently after hours supporting Maintenance Windows on third shift for the installation and support of security hardware in production operations for the FFSP lab and Operations equipment
- Research ongoing updates for security equipment and submit recommendations for final review by the FFSP Change Control Board
- Create implementation plans/technical solutions for approved Change Requests, coordinate implementation activities with other support areas, and implement planned changes to production environments
- BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of industry standard security appliances and applications.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), routing, and basic IP address scheme and network flow.
- Knowledge and understanding of the concepts and applications of firewalls and routers.
- Experience with Splunk, TripWire, McAfee ePO and Cisco products.
- Understanding of NIST Requirements and various Risk Management Frameworks..
- Experience and comfort level with Operating Systems, Linux, Windows, and some scripting (PERL, bash, java).