Offensive Security Senior Consultant (Nationwide) (41302)
- Deliver professional services, including but not limited to Red Team Assessments, Purple Team Assessments, Network Penetration Tests, Wireless Security Assessments, Onsite and Remote Social Engineering, and a variety of custom assessments
- Create and write comprehensive assessment reports that are technical and managerial to describe the engagement, scope, risks, and remediation recommendations
- Develop marketing materials and participate in marketing activities such as creating research, speaking at conferences, authoring materials and presenting thought leadership
- Knowledge of security testing frameworks and standards such as OSSTMM, OWASP, NIST SP 800-115, Lockheed Martin's Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK
- Use automation, orchestration, and scripting to reduce manual processes, improving overall efficiency while also enabling new capabilities to meet the rapidly changing needs of our clients
- Mastery of commercial and open source security tools including, but not limited to: Nmap, Nessus, BurpSuite, Cobalt Strike, Metasploit, Wireshark, and Aircrack-ng
- Assist with Practice development, including improving existing offerings, creating new offerings, and mentoring team members
- Perpetually strengthen relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities to stay at the forefront of the information security industry
- Foster client relationships by providing support, information, and guidance
- Maintain a strong desire to learn, adapt, and improve along with a rapidly growing company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms preferably AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365.
- Provide technical security support for cloud-native (e.g., AAD) and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with cloud service providers and third-party security solution vendors.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of these cloud technologies.
- Perform technical health checks for cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployment and assist clients with configuration of cloud platform scanning tools, and delivery of cloud security and compliance reports.
- Design and develop cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and document technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist clients in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support cloud adoption for secure migration of existing workloads to a cloud vendor. This may cover services such as tenant setup and service configuration focused on cloud cyber risk mitigation, IAM (e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
- Perform cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Design, implement, manage, and automate DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation (e.g., Boto3, Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Functions, Python, JSON).
- Support and enable junior team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
- 6+ years combined in IT and information security experience
- 4+ years of experience performing offensive/attack-oriented security assessments
- 2+ years of experience in an enterprise-level customer delivery services role
- Experience with various public cloud components and architectures with Azure / AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience in evading security detection controls
- Other lab-based certifications such as OSCP, OSCE, GIAC, and GSE are preferred
- Other relevant industry certifications, such as GPEN and GCIH
- InfoSec community involvement, such as conference speaking, blog/whitepaper authoring, and podcast speaking/producing
- Experience building security tool APIs and/or services.
- Experience building/automating Red Team Infrastructure.
- Experience building/automating Attack Defense labs.
- BA/BS Degree ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Certifications such as: CISSP, AWS/Azure Security/DevOps/Professional Certifications, completion of Red Teaming Labs
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business process, user provisioning process, and security maintenance processes.
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Identify opportunities to improve services delivered to our clients.
- Experience with leading multiple distributed teams across different geographies.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.