Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte's Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools, and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you'll do
Diverse cybersecurity engineering and application security experience and skills to support secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC). Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Advising the client on scanning customer source code, auditing results with development and/or security teams and offering new secure coding approaches for remediation of vulnerabilities
- Provide insight on industry standard static code analysis and dynamic application scanning products, such as HP WebInspect and Checkmarx CxSAST/CxIAST and Enterprise, onsite for customers
- Communicating technical application security concepts to customer staff, including developers, architects, and managers; advise on Agile and DevSecOps practices
- Training customer staff on application security and remediation of application security code defects.
- Assessing and scoping of customers application security needs
- Contributing to project planning and project deliverables
- Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to enhance products
- Representing Deloitte's technical, business, and professional values to customers, partners, and peers
- Providing IT security support for applications and software systems in all platforms as well as providing security support to all systems in production, staging and development environments
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Our Cyber Application Security team advises federal clients on integrating security activities throughout the software development lifecycle to enable the design, build, and deployment of secure applications. Our team focuses on concept and requirements, design and development, verification, production and maintenance, and retirement. If you're seeking a career in vulnerability management, quality assurance, or GRC tools, then Application Security at Deloitte is the offering for you.
• A technical Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years' experience in software or security consulting
• Knowledge of security flaws and its resolution as listed in sites like OWASP, SANS etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, DNS, LTM, GTM) preferred
• Experience implementing security in Agile and DevSecOps environments
• Experience in SAST and DAST security scanning tools
• Experience in developing and/or deploying Web applications
• Fundamental understanding of software, computer, and network architectures
• Experience in the enterprise security or application security
• Familiarity with NIST SP 800-series (NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-190) and FIPS-140-2
• Experience in IT operations
• Programming experience, especially with Java Application security experience with large IT systems. Knowledge of open source and proprietary tools.
• Experience with multiple operating systems and/or mainframes
• Experience with authentication mechanisms like SAML, OAuth etc. along with web service security protocols for SOAP such as WS-Security
• CISSP, CEH, or Security+
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.