NBI Principal Security Architect ( 576304-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
The Sr. Principal Security Architect will be a critical member of the Platform Security team in CIS that supports New Business Incubation (NBI) focused on enabling the secure delivery of solutions that expand the Verizon strategic portfolio and leverages and/or complements Verizon core assets and services. New Business Incubation is a team of explorers setting out to discover, build and scale the next generation of software business that will thrive in the 5G future. With portfolio investments in aerial and terrestrial robotics, location services, digital twinning and simulation, adaptive manufacturing and Industrial IoT, the team is comprised of full-stack businesses that run like startups, with 80% of the team in a technical role.
We are looking for an experienced thought leader in the industry that is at the forefront of solving tough cybersecurity problems at the intersection of business and technology. You will enable business opportunities with creative solutions and ensure Verizon business partners and customers can adopt the emerging technologies with confidence. The Sr. Principal Security Architect is a resource to the CTO and BISO for NBI that can align the entire organization toward emerging industry standards, regulatory needs, Verizon internal policies, and leads innovative solutions working with the technical peers in the industry and Verizon.
- Provide innovative approaches in support of business use cases with a defense in depth.
- Network segmentation and security controls to provide visibility, risk mitigation, threat detection.
- Provide application architectures with security controls on data protection, user/machine access, logging and monitoring.
- Cloud Infrastructures: Public cloud shared responsibility models, visibility & control, multi-tenancy
- Integrating security in an Agile development or DevOps environment with Focus on security-as-code and continuous compliance practices.
- Anticipate controls in a Product for customer requirements that may come from industry verticals or market segments.
- Define operational models and procedures for business solutions including the administration and maintenance of infrastructure and application security controls.
- Mentor and train Product teams on security practices, work with industry peers on advancing industry wide solutions.
Where you'll be working...
This role will be based out of any Verizon work location as listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in complex architectural areas that span multiple disciplines.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Industry recognition in solving pressing cyber needs with major industry transitions.
- Advanced understanding of tools and techniques used by attackers to gain entry into corporate networks, including common IT system flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge on threat landscapes and threat modeling, security threat and vulnerability management, and security monitoring.
- Broad technical experience in several security disciplines including OT/IT endpoint and platform (Unix/Linux/Windows, mobile) controls, encryption/tokenization, identity and access management, PKI, data protection, network segmentation, and security tooling integration in complex environments.
- Experience within the transformation of traditional data center security measures into hybrid and Cloud deployment (AWS, GCP, Azure.)
- Experience in network security including web proxies, reverse proxies, load balancing, IDS/IPS, firewall, wireless, and remote connectivity.
- Experience advising customers on enterprise and security architectures for meeting industry standards such as SOX, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Expert ability to draft and contribute to enterprise security policy.
- Experience building security reference architectures for complex information systems based on industry frameworks and with traceable alignment to business requirements and goals.
- Expert ability to analyze and identify risks in network and system designs and communicate with key stakeholders to address the risk and drive a solution.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex security concepts, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Subject matter expertise in consumer and Internet privacy and trust.
- Security certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, GSEC.
- Communication, presentation and analytical skills along with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Influencing and partnering skills to address complex industry wide problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.