Lead Security Auditing Functional/Technical Consultant TS/SCI POLY REQUIRED ( R-00064808 )
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Forensic Auditing Functional/Technical Lead to join a team supporting a digital forensics government team in a highly complex cyber security environment. The successful candidate will manage a team ranging 15-25 staff and work in a high-pressure environment, delivering outstanding results under tight deadlines and constraints.
The Forensic Auditing Lead will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for security auditing services to include Insider Threat auditing support. The Forensic Auditing Lead shall be a multi-functional individual with strong leadership and technical skills including, but not limited to, core Cyber Security domains; insider threat monitoring, detection and evidence collection and response; security auditing and authorization configurations, protocols and reporting; audit, influence and govern people, process and technologies to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and risk management frameworks. They should have familiarity with Law Enforcement/Counter Intelligence (LE/CI) procedures, inter/intra-agency coordination, evidentiary procedures and analysis. The lead needs to be familiar with cyber defense capabilities including Security Information and Event Management (SEIM), Host Base Security Solution (HBSS), Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), extrusion prevention, end-point device control, host-based insider threat detection, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists. The ideal candidate must understand the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation as it relates to insider threat and the analysis of alleged fraud, waste and abuse.
This sub family is responsible for monitoring, detection, mitigation, and response to cyber incidents typically part of a Security Operations/Intelligence Center. Duties include operational Cybersecurity, infrastructure support, and mission support. Specific operational duties include but are not limited to; collecting and analyzing intelligence to correlate adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, investigating computer and information security incidents, conducting computer forensic network and host analysis, intrusion and threat hunting support, performing penetration tests to evaluate system security, maintaining proficiency in operation tools, creating countermeasures, and identifying trends in adversary behaviors and vulnerabilities. Specific infrastructure support duties include but are not limited to; device scanning (device discovery, Operating System (OS) fingerprinting, service scanning), and passive (non-intrusive) scanning, configuration, testing, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure hardware and software. Specific mission support and full spectrum cyber duties include but are not limited to; operational planning in support of training, exercises, operations and coordination of integrated cyber operations by targeting hostile adversary activities and capabilities.
Lead and direct enterprise forensic auditing functions at both the technical and governance levels including the following objectives and functional areas:
- Digital Forensics processes, protocols and frameworks
- Establish, lead, guide, and direct a team responsible for day-to-day enterprise insider threat and evidence collection and eDiscovery auditing operations in collaboration with the digital forensics teams.
- Continuously update and improve assessment evidentiary SOPs and protocols to maintain compliance directives of the customer
- Ensure integrity and fidelity of all evidentiary collection task performed in support of assigned cases
- Manage, report, communicate, and action the cyber risk register to give visibility and status of high risk postures and impacts to the customer mission
- Coordinate customer’s requirements to ensure investigations are properly scoped, supported and coordinated across privacy, legal, HR, IG or law enforcement agencies.
- Deliver relevant reporting metrics according to SOP giving the status of investigations, type, duration, and resource allocation
- Ensure the team maintains highly accurate and detailed investigative notes, capturing all investigative activities in the central case management system
- Utilize technical knowledge to aid the team in investigating data spill events, misuse and abuse while creating legally defensible records, recommendations and findings
- Coordinate activities and operational tasks directly with the DIA digital forensics team for investigative hand-offs, task collaboration, reporting, eDiscovery and data preservation work
- Experience leading and managing a team of 10+ staff engaged in supporting digital forensic teams, methods and operational protocols
- Experience managing technical and administrative investigations of internal employees and contractors
- Experience working with data spill investigations, reporting and recovery
- Experience directing multiple contractors and subcontractors teams to manage and complete special projects
- Excellent verbal and written skills to collaborate and coordinate disposition of investigations with leadership, law enforcement, privacy, IG, HR and legal
US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- DoD 8570 certified IAM (Management) Level II or III certification or equivalent qualifying certification waiver.
- CISSP, CISA or CISM
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order
- BA/BS and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant.
- Possess 4+ years of experience supervising and/or leading teams or projects in a large enterprise
- 5 year experience operationally managing an enterprise audit and compliance function within a government agency; Intelligence Community (IC) experience desired
- CISA, CISM preferred