Senior Security Consultant ( 574994-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Security Consultant will provide delivery leadership and pre-sales support within the Cyber Defense consultancy team primarily aligned to clients in the US region.
- Provide the lead in major delivery projects acting as a security design authority and team lead, ensuring that solutions remain in scope and are aligned to agreed business requirements, appropriate delivery methodologies are followed and that effective governance is applied.
- Provide support and guidance to consultants working on other PSS projects.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements and prepare appropriate technical solution designs at both high and low levels.
- Make a contribution to the on-going development of PSS security services to ensure that they reflect current industry best practice and trends and remain aligned to customer requirements and expectations.
- Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate billing and reporting of consultancy time.
- Maintain and grow their own knowledge to ensure this maintains fully relevant to the security services practice and its clients.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of security consulting, design, and delivery experience.
- Experience of multi-vendor, managed outsourcing environments.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, LAN, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- A valid Driver’s License.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Vendor specific engineering certifications (e.g. Palo Alto CNSE, Cisco CCNA Security).
- Experience with Network FWs such as Palo Alto, Cisco ASA/Firepower Check Point, Juniper, or Fortinet.
- Experience with vulnerability scanners such as Skybox, Tenable IO Nessus, Nikto, Qualys, or Rapid7.
- Experience with APT such as FireEye, Palo Alto WildFire, or Bluecoat Solara.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management systems such as Cisco ISE, CyberArk, or Sailpoint.
- Troubleshooting skills, technical and non-technical.
- Migrated complex legacy infrastructures to new managed security services platforms.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills at multiple levels of an organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.