Junior Security Systems Engineer (16746)
Amentum is looking fo a Junior Security Systems Engineer to join our team. Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Headquartered in Germantown, MD., we are more than 20,000 professionals in 48 states and 28 foreign countries and territories working together to ensure the success of our customers’ most vital missions. Responsibilities for this position include:
1. Assist in the authoring of DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation artifacts.
2. Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
3. Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
4. Research and recommend logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
5. Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
6. Assist in the identifying disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
7. Develop, execute and document results of security test procedures.
8. Assist in the analysis and testing a designated US Naval warfare system against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
9. Assist in the creation and execution of an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
10. Assist in the preparation and production of a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
11. Assist in preparations for obtaining Authority To Operate (ATO) and resolve issues in the event a US Naval warfare system is issued an Interim Authority To Operate (IATO).
12. In addition, provide technical support in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk assessments.
13. SLBM- Experience developing Microsoft products to include Power Point
14. SLBM- Knowledge and understand of engineering concepts and the ability to simplify complex concepts to unfamiliar audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, business, or technical discipline and
- (a) Note the required experience in engineering and securing DoD or Information Technology systems below: 1. SLBM -One (1) year knowledge in cyber security support. 2. All other programs- (3) years required experience.
- (b) . The JSSE shall be certified as NQV Level II or IAT Level II per DoD 8570.01, or successor. If performing as a Privileged User (Individuals who have access to system control, monitoring, or administration functions (e.g., system administrator, IAO/ISSO, system programmers, etc.)) a final adjudicated Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with an IT level-1 designation in JPAS must be achieved and maintained.
- (c) Possesses an understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for either Land Based and afloat/tactical systems, RMF, PIT and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- (d) The JSSE shall have an understanding and Experience with Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances. Examples of these appliances and applications are Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Switch/Routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS). The individual should have an understanding of the SETR Process.
- Active USG Security Clearance
Bachelors or other experience + 2 yrs.