Security Network Engineer (16748)
Amentum is looking for a seasoned Security Network Engineer to join our team. Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Headquartered in Germantown, MD., we are more than 20,000 professionals in 48 states and 28 foreign countries and territories working together to ensure the success of our customers’ most vital missions. Responsibilities for this position include:
1. Apply the TCP/IP protocols including multicast, UDP and TCP.
2. Implement a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
3. Apply and configure firewalls and switches to system architectures to define and protect enclaves.
4. Analyze Windows Events and Linux syslogs, boot logs and dmesg logs.
5. Recommend network modifications to systems to mitigate known vulnerabilities.
6. Operate and administrate computer systems running HP-UX, UNIX, Solaris, Linux and Microsoft Windows.
7. Understand how to implement NSA approved encryption technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and resolve Cross Domain issues.
8. Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
9. Apply virtual hosting and server technology in system architectures.
10. Understand and apply the concept of deceptive technology such as honeypots in system architectures.
11. Participate in Design Reviews.
12. Author recommendations for improving network and code design.
13. Contribute to a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
(a) Three (3) years’ experience in network engineering applied to program development, modeling and/or simulation applied to DOD or Information Technology systems.
(b) The SNE must have a minimum certification as IAT Level II per DoD 8570.01, or successor. The SNE shall possess an understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DOD IA policies and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
(c) Active USG Security Clearanc.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, business, or technical discipline and 2-4 yrs of experience.