Security Software Engineer – Red Team Penetration Tester (17256)
Amentum is looking for a seasoned Security Software Engineer – Red Team Penetration Tester to join our team. Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Headquartered in Germantown, MD., we are more than 20,000 professionals in 48 states and 28 foreign countries and territories working together to ensure the success of our customers’ most vital missions. Responsibilities for this position include:
1. Debug and reverse engineer software.
2. Analyze Windows Events and Linux syslog’s, boot logs and dmesg logs
3. Program and debug Web 2.0, Java, Perl, Ada, C++, Tool Command Language (tcl/tk) scripts and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) using Microsoft Visual tcl and Rational ClearCase for software configuration management.
4. Program and debug Web 2.0, Java, Perl, Ada, C++, Tool Command Language (tcl/tk) scripts and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) using Microsoft Visual tcl and Rational ClearCase for software configuration management.
5. Recommend software modifications to systems to mitigate known vulnerabilities.
6. Operate and administrate computer systems running HP-UX, UNIX, Solaris, Linux and Microsoft Windows.
7. Identify security flaws in compiled and human readable source code.
8. Understand code utilizing real-time VxWorks and Lynx OS operating systems, Common Object Resource Broker Architecture (CORBA), firewalls and networking protocols.
9. Understand how to implement NSA approved encryption technologies and devices.
10. Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
11. Apply virtual hosting and server technology in system architectures.
12. Understand and apply the concept of deceptive technology such as honey pots in system architectures.
13. Participate in Code Reviews.
14. Perform Static Source Code Analysis.
15. Author recommendations for improving software and code design.
16. Contribute to a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
- Bachelors in addition to 5 years of relevent experience.
- Active USG security clearance.