Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte's Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools, and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you'll do
The Security Control Assessor Team Lead will:
• Responsibilities will be split 50/50 between management and technical duties.
• Running daily meetings/ calls with the team to make sure day to day activities are running smoothly.
• Assisting with schedules, performance reviews, client relations and more.
• Conduct independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security/privacy controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls. This role requires CISSP certification and the following knowledge base and skills:
• Provides information assurance support at a federal agency
• Support activities for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of new systems, and Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM), in compliance with NIST SP 800-53 controls within the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-37)
• Support development and maintenance of assessment process documentation including Security and Privacy Control Assessment Methodology, Information Security and Privacy Continuous Monitoring Methodology, and Security and Privacy Control Assessment SOP
• Support development and maintenance of Security and Privacy Control Assessment project management documentation including Master Schedule and Project Plan
• Prepare assessment reports documenting the findings and recommendations from the Security and Privacy Control Assessment
• Provide audit support and manual testing of Secure Baseline Configuration Guides
• Document Security and Privacy Control Assessment lessons learned and trend analyses
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Our Cyber Application Security team advises federal clients on integrating security activities throughout the software development lifecycle to enable the design, build, and deployment of secure applications. Our team focuses on concept and requirements, design and development, verification, production and maintenance, and retirement. If you're seeking a career in vulnerability management, quality assurance, or GRC tools, then Application Security at Deloitte is the offering for you.
- Minimum 1+ years of team lead and/or management experience
- Minimum 7+ years of experience working as a security control assessor
- Must have one or more of the following certifications: Security+, CISA, CEH, CISM or CISSP.
- 7+ years' experience with NIST SP 800-53 r4 security controls and the security authorization process
- 7+ years' experience documenting security control implementations across variety of technologies
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP
- Experience conducting security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 r4 and NIST SP 800-53A r4
- Understanding of Federal Authorization to Operate process, in accordance with NIST SP 800-37 r1/r2
- Understanding of various technologies and operating systems, such as Oracle, MySQL, Windows, RHEL, mainframe, Azure, Salesforce, Appian, etc. both on-premise and in the cloud
- Experience interacting directly with clients
- Strong attention to detail.
How you'll grow
- Previous Federal Consulting experience
- Experience with continuous monitoring
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.