Security Architect/ Engineer ( R-00067415 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Leidos is currently seeking a Security Architec/Engineer for the US Army Intelligence Community in Alexandria, VA.
The successful IA professional will be supporting Army Intelligence programs in the area of IA Engineering and RMF Accreditation. This IA professional individual should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, highly self-motivated, and be able to work individually or with team members on various IA tasks across multiple integrated systems. The position will require access to the ACOP eMASS entry on SIPR and will support the ongoing SCA-V accreditation. The position supports the Army ACICA IA lead at INSCOM, Ft. Belvoir.
- Provide design, analysis, and engineering solutions for meeting applicable IA requirements and controls, and Defense-in-Depth protection throughout the life-cycle.
- Develop and maintain RMF Security Controls outlined in the ACOP Security Plan.
- Support continuous monitoring capabilities based on Army best practices.
- Perform IA testing utilizing approved DoD applicable security technical implementation guides (STIGS) and Checklists, NIST special publications, NSA Guides, and automated tools. These tools include but not limited to Nessus scanners, Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checkers. Manual checklists include but not limited to Web, DBMS, VMware, , Application Development/Services, etc.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, and provide and support mitigation solutions of discovered applicable vulnerabilities.
- Document network security diagrams, data flows, and ports protocols and services (PPS)
- Develop required IA policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for implementing and configuring IA technical controls, including Identification and Authentication (I&A), Discretionary Access Controls (DAC), Auditing, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Encryption, and continuous monitoring.
- Support IA within the configuration management (CM) process.
- Interface with developers, integrators, and technical personnel regarding IA controls and requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and 4+ years relevant experience conducting IA activities.
- Possess and maintain a DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Hold a CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional Certificate
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC )
- CISSP preferred