Enterprise Security Architect ( 579069-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure, and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
The Enterprise Security Architecture team focuses on the design and implementation of security reference architectures across the Verizon enterprise. We partner with technology and business teams to generate new security architectures, standards, controls, and processes which protect Verizon systems and data. We focus heavily on new and emerging security technology.
As an Enterprise Security Architect, you will work in conjunction with a team of experienced security architects to create business-informed security architectures, conduct enterprise-level security assessments, and make risk-informed recommendations. You will help to define, document, and promote security architecture, standards, and policy throughout Verizon.
- Manage security architecture engagements for multiple small to medium size projects.
- Elicit and interpret stakeholder requirements, place them in the context of existing security architecture and controls, and create designs which deliver the requirements.
- Work in conjunction with senior enterprise and security architects to make decisions and help lead initiatives to ensure timely delivery of security architecture and solutions that support IT and business objectives.
- Work with senior security architects to create security architecture deliverables based on high-level directives and principles to meet project requirements and timelines.
- Make informed decisions on matters of risk and security architectural approach that reflect your information security experience and industry best practices.
Where you’ll be working:
In this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Some experience or exposure to using security architecture frameworks (SABSA, TOGAF, Archimate, etc.) and tools (Archi, Visio, Enterprise Architect) to create and manage designs.
- Good understanding of tools and techniques used by attackers to gain entry into corporate networks, including common IT system flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge on threat landscapes and threat modeling, security threat and vulnerability management, and security monitoring.
- Broad technical experience in several security disciplines including endpoint and platform (Unix/Linux/Windows, mobile) controls, encryption/tokenization, identity and access management, PKI, data protection, and security tooling integration in complex environments.
- Experience within the transformation of traditional data center security measures into hybrid and Cloud deployment (AWS, GCP, Azure.)
- Some experience in network security including web proxies, reverse proxies, load balancing, IDS/IPS, firewall, wireless, and remote connectivity.
- Experience advising customers on enterprise and security architectures for meeting industry standards such as SOX, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Ability to draft and contribute to enterprise security policy.
- Experience building security reference architectures for complex information systems based on industry frameworks and with traceable alignment to business requirements and goals.
- Ability to analyze and identify risks in network and system designs and communicate with key stakeholders to address the risk and drive a solution.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex security concepts, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- CISSP certification or willingness to obtain within 12 months of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).