Cloud Security Architect ( 575626-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Network Security Planning team is seeking a Cloud Security Architect. This position will be responsible for strategic and directional security planning and designing. This will include threat modeling of projects traversing HQ Planning’s front door as well as next generation security technology research and evaluations for new solutions to bring to the various business units. There will be requirements to evaluate, plan, and develop testing processes for the next generation security solutions. These functions will be done working in a cross functional team to complete the plans and testing. For directional security development, the position will be providing enterprise security technology roadmaps.
You will have experience with cloud security to include OpenStack, OpenShift, Kubernetes, OVS/OVN and next generation security solutions to include firewalls, basic networking, antivirus/antimalware, data loss prevention/protection, intrusion detection/protection, and other aspects of a full next generation security solution. You will develop best practice, policies, and architectural documentation. You will also be involved in security solutions proof of concepts and provide guidance to other groups on security for various projects and products. You will work in a collaborative environment following the agile processes on projects.
- Develop and support security standards for various products and infrastructure projects.
- Evaluate current security postures on projects and deployments and provide enhanced security solutions that should consider risks and costs.
- Provide critical security expertise and leadership for security initiatives.
- Develop and document secure solutions for various internal and external services, evaluating the risks to the business while considering the costs.
- Communicate complex security solutions at all levels from technical detailed documents to executive level presentations and environments.
- Routinely work multiple projects from small focused security enhancements to large infrastructural projects.
- Support projects from ground level up to full involved projects and be able to develop the solution at the ground level for all the needs of a new project and be able to dive into existing environments, evaluate the environment, and develop the security requirements and solutions for the various levels of projects.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a security or networking related subject area or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in developing security solutions in various infrastructure and product environments within a provider network.
- Knowledge of virtual security solutions for both infrastructure and products.
- Experience with the virtual environments and the considerations when moving from hardware security solutions to next generation NFV security solutions.
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, or other security certifications.
- Networking and routing protocols and design.
- Virtual environment development or management including OpenStack environments.
- Ability to gain government clearance if required or have clearance.
- IT development or programing knowledge or background for the ability to communicate with development teams.
- Knowledge of authentication systems such as AD, LDAP, and TACACS systems.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).