Jr. Cyber Security Analyst ( R-00067811 )
Do you want to make a difference and do work that makes an impact? Do you want to have a hand in keeping our country and its people safe? If so, then, you are just what Leidos is looking for! We are seeking energized, motivated, and curious recent and upcoming college graduates in the Columbus, OH area to start in the summer of 2022.
A successful candidate will support a dynamic team to identify, investigate, respond and eradicate cybersecurity events targeting the DISA and its DOD Mission Partners. Candidates will develop cyber skills and knowledge while operating in a highly dynamic operating environment. Candidates with coursework in Networking, Application Development, Cloud, Computer Science and Cyber Security will be able to apply that knowledge while analyzing and responding to cyber threats and warnings.
- Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats and to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints
- Analyze massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Mathematics with 0-1 year of experience.
- Basic understanding of Information Technology concepts and Cyber Security Concepts
- Understanding of Windows/UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- Familiarity working with applications in the Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of basic computer networking fundamentals
- US citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a DoD TOP SECRET clearance and sensitive compartmented information (SCI) access based on a background check.
Note: Prior to starting the position, an applicant will have be required to have a secret clearance and an DODD 8570 IAT Level – II industry certification such as Comptia Security+.
- Local candidates strongly preferred (Central Ohio Area)
- Current Seniors (rising juniors) preferred due to clearance timeframe.
- Students with related skills and recent graduates with an active security clearance.