Jr. Cyber Security Analyst ( R-00067810-OTHLOC-PL-2D1994 )
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Jr. Cyber Security Analyst at Scott AFB, IL.
This position will perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw
packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks, and participate in
the coordination of resources during incident response efforts. Additionally, this position requires rotating shift work.
- Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats.
- Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
- Under supervision, triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
- Complete basic-level cyber analysis of potential events.
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on
- analytic findings.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 0-1 year of prior relevant experience.
- Must have DoD 8570 IAT II prior to starting and CSSP-A Certification within 180 days of hire.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model,
- defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Familiarity or experience with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Willing to perform shift work.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance prior to start.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee
- Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization or Security Operations Center.
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain.