NBI End-Point and Network Security Architect ( 576307-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
The Principal Security Architect will be a critical member of the Platform Security team in CIS that supports New Business Incubation (NBI) focused on enabling the secure delivery of solutions that expand the Verizon strategic portfolio and leverage and/or complement Verizon core assets and services.
New Business Incubation is a team of explorers setting out to discover, build and scale the next generation of software business that will thrive in the 5G future. With portfolio investments in aerial and terrestrial robotics, location services, digital twinning and simulation, adaptive manufacturing and Industrial IoT, the team is comprised of full stack businesses that run like startups, with 80% of the team in a technical role.
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Architect that is a business enabler in bringing consistency in End-point Security posture and Network level controls for multiple acquisitions that are part of the New Business Incubation ventures. The Architect will report to the BISO for NBI to drive security standards, ensure implementation of appropriate controls in the IoT devices, end user devices and network boundaries for systems/applications in the NBI portfolio leveraging Verizon internal policies and services as relevant to mitigate risks to both the NBI customers as well as the larger Verizon enterprise. The individual for this role shall have significant working experience, knowledge and accreditation in the design, implementation and operation of security programs and controls that span following areas:
- Devices: End-user devices laptops/mobile, IoT devices in the field
- Networks: Network design and security controls to provide visibility, risk mitigation and threat detection
- Agile & DevOps Methodologies: Experience integrating security in an Agile development or DevOps environment with Focus on security-as-code and continuous compliance practices.
- Operational Security: Experience with defining operational models and procedures for business solutions including the administration and maintenance of security controls.
- Information Security Standards and Frameworks: Knowledge of common information security standards such as: ISO 27001/27002, NIST CSF, CSA and CIS Controls.
Where you'll be working...
This role will be based out of any Verizon work location as listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with multiple acquired entities on their network and end-user environments
Even better if you have:
- Advanced understanding of tools and techniques used by attackers to gain entry into corporate networks, including common IT system flaws and vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge on threat landscapes and threat modeling, security threat and vulnerability management, and security monitoring.
- Broad technical experience in several security disciplines including endpoint and platform (Unix/Linux/Windows, mobile) controls, encryption/tokenization, identity and access management, PKI, data protection, and security tooling integration in complex environments.
- Expertise in network security including web proxies, reverse proxies, load balancing, IDS/IPS, firewall, wireless, and remote connectivity.
- Experience advising customers on enterprise and security architectures for meeting industry standards such as SOX, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Expert ability to draft and contribute to enterprise security policy
- Experience building security reference architectures for complex information systems based on industry frameworks and with traceable alignment to business requirements and goals
- Expert ability to analyze and identify risks in network and system designs and communicate with key stakeholders to address the risk and drive a solution.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex security concepts, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Subject matter expertise in consumer and Internet privacy and trust
- Security certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, GSEC
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).