Cyber Security Analyst ( R-00068454-OTHLOC-PL-2D2153 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Support Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Command & Control
Provides coordination and technical expertise for Cyber Security Programs. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions. Knowledge of U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) directives and policies and procedures pertaining to sensitive information.
Comprehensive knowledge of corrective action management, and auditing principles. Must be able to interact with a variety of individuals from co-workers to senior-level managers within the company and DOE. Must also work closely with other site contractor managers and DOE officials. Must be able to use analytical skills to solve problems and establish priorities to achieve high quality and cost-effective results. Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality.
• Knowledgeable of the requirements specified in DOE Headquarters and local directives.
• Conducts audits or surveys of security programs and provides assistance and consulting services to all department.
• Maintains a current understanding of all applicable Federal and DOE regulations and provide interpretation to the site.
• Maintains firewalls, IDS/IPS, Email Security Appliances, and Web Security Appliances
• Remain conversant with industry’s computer security technology and practices
• Enhances cyber security awareness through end-user training and ongoing communications
• Develops, reviews and updates cyber security plans and procedures
• Performs vulnerability, risk and threat analysis
• Ensures all changes to systems are performed in accordance with configuration controls.
Researches, documents, and implements software application requirements, specifications and works with the system users to ensure effective use of applications.
• Gathers statistics and writes reports for discussion with management, team members, and end users.
• Maintains a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting coworkers of such requirements as needed.
• Demonstrates ability to get along with co-workers, customers and visitors.
• Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related subject matter area from an accredited college or university and have 2-4 years of experience in an operational cyber security specific role (e.g., information system security manager, information system security officer, cyber security specialist) or have five years of experience in an operational cyber security specific role and possess a technical IT related professional certification
• Experience working with external audit teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must have the ability to obtain a DOE Q Clearance
* Must be able to work on-site in Paducah, KY, Lexington, KY or Piketon Ohio
“Selected candidates may work remotely within a commutable distance from either of these locations. MUST work onsite at the DOE facility once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Must follow DOE facility COVID-19 protocols as they relate to a safe and healthy working environment.”
Industry certifications CISSP, CEH, CCSP, etc.Pay Range: