Security AppCert Consultant ( 581083-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Cyber Risk Programs (CRP) Security AppCert Consultant II, is an experienced resource who is assigned one or more clients and is expected to lead most client interactions and program delivery. A CRP-AppCert Security Consultant II is to provide the services (activities, tasks, reports, recommendations, guidance, consultation and deliverables) in accordance with the Verizon CRP service descriptions, SOW and/or contractual requirements. You will articulate and communicate assessment findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to the appropriate target audience which may include project managers, program managers, and technical points of contacts and/or external/internal management stakeholders.
- Serve as primary point of contact and lead delivery Consultant and deliver the Cyber Risk Programs (CRP) and/or Application Security Certification program to external customers.
- Regularly interface with external client technical POC’s and internal stakeholders such as Project Managers, Principal Consultants and Delivery Managers.
- Perform research on cyber security criteria, security systems, validation procedures and configure, schedule and perform vulnerability and a testing, threat analyses, and security checks.
- Analyze discovery scan data and vulnerability data to determine unusual use configurations, discovery of aged software, end-of life software, patch management validation and proper identification of high, medium and low severity vulnerabilities.
- Serve as primary lead in the preparation of preparing an external organization and determining eligibility for the Verizon Cyber Risk Programs Enterprise Certification program.
- Lead the initiative by interfacing with the client, collecting the necessary artifacts, qualifying the artifacts, preparing the certification package and presenting the package to an internal Certification Review Board (CAB).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (in related field) or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Information Technology (IT), Computer Network Engineering, Application Security, Information Security/Assurance, Cyber Security, Risk Management.
- Previous application assessment/auditing/penetration testing experience and Scripting/programming.
- CISSP and at least one or more application specific certification such as GWAPT, OSWE, GWEB, GMOB, GXPN certification.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- One or more of the following: E-CEH, E-CIH, ISACA CISM, CISA, CRISC, CCSP, CCSK, GSEC, GIAC, GPEN, CH.
- Vendor specific platform certifications: Qualys, Tenable, Rapid 7, Digital Defense, Recorded Future, Firemon, Tuffin, ProofPoint, Burp Suite.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).