SMIT Senior Industrial Security Director ( R-00069126 )
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Senior Industrial Security Director to lead the security program for the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Reston, VA. Under the SMIT program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. The candidate will be responsible for envisioning and aligning security’s contribution to customer requirements. The candidate will have a deep understanding of industrial security, operational security, cyber security, insider threats, counterintelligence, supply chain risk, and physical security with its associated regulatory framework and appreciation of accepted risk management principles.
- Understands the vision and mission of the SMIT Program; formulates, executes and oversees plans and objectives; integrates efforts at the strategic and operational level consistent with the overall strategy of the Leidos security organization.
- Delivering recommendations on security matters supporting the overall business strategy and security compliance requirements.
- Developing innovative approaches to solve complex and novel challenges consistent with corporate and customer risk acceptance.
- Overseeing the design and implementation of security standards, procedures, and processes to include Program Protection Implementation Plans (PIPP).
- Responsible for implementing and providing guidance to management on security issues such as security education, classified document control, security investigations, classification control, classified construction standards, and personnel clearances.
- Actively managing threats to, and vulnerabilities of, the SMIT program in conjunction with Corporate Industrial Security Director, Insider Risk Management, Physical Security, Emergency Management, Counterintelligence, Supply Chain Risk Management, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, and International Security programs.
- Directing the analysis of security breaches and disciplinary actions related to security violations and incidents within program; preparing reports and recommendations for preventative or corrective measures in areas requiring specific expertise and briefing management on security issues, including executive management.
- Overseeing the design and implementation of security standards, procedures, and process to include the physical aspect of security for the Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) and Command Cyber Operational Readiness Inspection (CCORI).
- Developing, publishing and managing a Continuity of Operations Plan for the SMIT contract by organizing a business continuity team to include representatives of IT, HR, and all Program Management as well as Security that will focus on the facility's ability to recover from disruption or disaster.
- Directs activities having a significant impact on the achievement of results for the contract.
- Decisions driving long-term success, profitability, and growth.
- Establishes and implements tactical and operational plans for the security department with a significant impact on the achievement of security functional results.
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by program leadership.
- Problems and issues are complex requiring consideration of variables.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems.
- Problems are highly complex and typically involve multiple functions.
- Communicates and negotiates with parties within and outside of the Security function.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with senior executive leadership regarding matters of strategic importance to the Leidos enterprise, internal and external customers.
- Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- May conduct briefings with senior leaders on the project status.
- Upon approval from the Navy and Leidos Corp, testing and exercises(table-top) will be performed, with exercise description and results documented, quarterly with at least one follow-up meeting to discuss the results.
LEADERSHIP & TALENT MANAGEMENT:
- Manages organizations encompassing multiple teams led by managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for developing mid to long-term plans on optimizing the security team and the talent required to execute strategies for the job area.
- Will have hiring, firing, promotion, and award authority in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- Requires in-depth management and leadership knowledge to lead teams and manage across multiple functions within Leidos.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership skills.
- Overseeing and completing the most recent Traditional Security Checklist (V2R1) released by DISA in order to be in compliance with Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) requirements.
- Conduct a business impact analysis to identify and document time-sensitive or critical business functions and processes, and the resources that support them.
- Organize a business continuity team and compile a business continuity plan to manage business disruptions.
- Conduct training with the business continuity team through tests and exercises to evaluate the recovery strategies plan and look for ways to prevent disruptions during disasters.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically has broader practical experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience, and the organization's business practices.
- Typically requires an MBA in Security Studies and 15+ years of industrial prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC)
- DoDM 8570 IAM II level certification (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP))
• Industrial Security Professional (ISP)
• Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
• Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
• Professional Certifications/Affiliations