Program Security Representative ( R-00069923 )
Leidos is looking to hire a Program Security Representative (PSR) to provide direct support to federal agencies committed to protecting our national borders, air travel, classified and unclassified networks, secure mobile units, and our most critical national infrastructure. The incumbent will serve as a member of the security team and will directly interface with both the programs and federal agencies as they partner to develop innovative solutions and deliver cutting-edge technology to strengthen our national security and counter emerging threats to our homeland security. Specifically, the incumbent will help ensure our personnel, infrastructure and most sensitive information is protected from our adversaries looking to acquire our technology or infiltrate our Public Trust and National Security Positions across government.
The PSR will work to ensure successful onboarding of new hires as well as required maintenance for current personnel on contract. Will assist candidates through the security lifecycle in support of several customers to include DHS, CBP, DOJ and surge support to FBI and Defense programs, as needed. The position is located in the Leidos Office located at Cinder Bed Road Lorton, VA and surge support to neighboring offices (25 mile radius), as needed. The candidate will need to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Support multiple Federal Customers Personnel Security Processing; duties entail: requesting, reviewing, approving, and submitting Entry On Duty (EOD) packages up to and including SCI nomination packages in accordance with customer requirements.
- Maintenance of Personnel Security Databases to track the candidate’s progress.
- Support FSO Functions in the following areas: processing of Prime and Sub DD254’s; escorting uncleared personnel/visitors; maintaining facility check lists; assisting in routine inspections; maintaining databases; responding to emerging security-related issues; process outgoing visit requests and validate incoming visit requests; etc.
- Coordinate within Leidos with security professionals, program managers, capture managers, counterintelligence investigators.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders, such government customers, oversight authorities (e.g., DCSA), SCIF accreditation inspectors, etc.
- Demonstratable experience communicating information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Documents compliance activities in accordance with the governing authority approved authorization package.
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments, and updates/maintains facility check lists, as needed.
- Use centralized services and databases to record clearances, incident reports, movement of personnel, visit requests, etc. to inform the collection of robust performance metrics and location of personnel around the globe.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Ensure cleared personnel are completing and maintaining required security education and training.
- Ensure proper protection and corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Support to Facility Security Officer(s) (FSO) of relevant programs.
- 8-12 years of security-related experience within DoD, Intelligence community and/or other federal agencies.
- Extensive experience with classified and unclassified networks and facility clearance requirements.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are a must.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid, and long term timelines for remediating any non-compliance.
- Must be highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to proofread for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and format.
- Ability to enter data efficiently, timely and correctly in order to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy; Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in Personnel and Industrial Security.
- Prior experience as a Facility Security Officer
- COMSEC experience